Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 9: July 8, a class and relaxing


IMG_1827.JPG
Originally uploaded by Militiaoftheimmaculata
This is a picture of my room at Tantur. It is pretty simple but at least I am able to have my own room. I don't need an alarm clock because the sun shines in my face at exactly 6:30am. God is very generous! There is no A/C but there is a good breeze if you open the porch and front door of the room. At night, the city cools off quite a bit and so it is very comfortable to sleep in.

Today we had a morning class about Judaism, and how it is very important for them to be related to the country of Israel. Israel has a central role in their religion perhaps in a similar way that Rome has a central role in the Catholic faith.

Then we had lunch. By the way, what does lunch consist of? I will have to take pictures because the food is quite good although it has a Mediterranean flair to it. We eat, cabbage with raisins, hummus, shredded carrots with raisins, sauteed peppers and eggplant, rice pilaf, pitas, home made chips, as well as different meats.

The food is delicious and so I will try and take a picture of what we have been eating. In the afternoon I went out with this guy named Grant from England. He is also in the seminary but he is studying to be an Anglican Priest. We walked into Bethlehem and simply saw everything on foot. So, not every day here is exciting but every day has it's own little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment