Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 17: July 16, Rosaries, the River Jordan, and Mount Tabor


IMG_1824.JPG
Originally uploaded by Militiaoftheimmaculata
So now you get to find out about another one of my little projects while I am here in the Holy Land. I bought 150 Rosaries to honor the 150 beads in Rosary. They were bought from a store in Bethlehem from a Catholic family who owns that beautiful store. They are made of Olive Wood and say Bethlehem on them. My intention was to bring those Rosaries everywhere I went but especially to the 20 places of the mysteries of the Rosary.

So far I have been to 13 places:
Nativity, Annunciation, River Jordan, Cana, Mt. of Beatitudes, Mt. Tabor, Last Supper, Agony in the Garden, Jesus carries his cross, crucifixion, burial of Jesus, Resurrection, and the Ascension. So I still have some work to do. But I am almost there.

And today we went to the River Jordan and Mt. Tabor where the Transfiguration happened. These places have been one of my favorite places by far!! Wow, the River Jordan, even though it has been highly commercialized, was an experience of God's grace. I was able to quickly renew my baptismal promises and put my feet in the water. I tell you that it was a simple experience but truly a wonderful one and one that I will always remember when I pray with these Rosaries.

Mt. Tabor was absolutely beautiful, and you will have to check out some of my pictures. The mountain is isolated from the other hills in the area and so you take a bus to a parking lot, whereby you take these shuttles up a winding road to a Franciscan Church. The Church is situation on the mountain with really nothing else there. It is the type of place where you could spend a few days in silent prayer just enjoying the physical beauty of it. I was able to pray a Rosary there and just enjoyed the beauty of that spot. To be honest, we didn't spend enough time there, but it will remain engraved in my memory. I have really enjoyed all the spots that were located on hills or mountains. By the way, this was the week that we spend Monday - Friday and Galilee, and so we headed back to Jerusalem today. Isn't it strange that when we arrived in Jerusalem, I thought to myself, isn't it great to be back home?

Two weeks left....

No comments:

Post a Comment