Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 21: July 20, The Desert of the Negeb


IMG_0621.JPG
Originally uploaded by Militiaoftheimmaculata
I will keep this blog a bit shorter. Today we did a full day trip to the desert of the Negeb, which is the desert that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob often found themselves in. It is south of Jerusalem by about 2 hours and is quite beautiful. It isn't a desert like the ones in Africa, but it receives very little rain fail, and is very rocky, dusty. We go the privilege of going into this small canyon where we were able to have some time for silence. I simply remember that I was able to pray and let God speak to me in the same desert that Elijah and other great Old testament people were able to speak to God.

Man was it hot there!! You think it makes it easier to talk to God, but it makes it harder because you're sweating, you are hot, and most likely if you are in the desert, you are lost. I learned that out here, you are forced to trust that God is going to take care of you...

So it was simply one more day of seeing beautiful things in Israel. Keep checking up on my blog. But I will write again on Sunday because I will be leaving on a 2 day trip to Petra in Jordan. Petra is the city that is carved into the canyon that you see in the "Indian Jones" movie. Pray for me that I stay safe. God bless you!!

1 comment:

  1. My dearest companion in Christ and on this journey towards holiness, I miss you terribly and am so proud of you. I'm enjoying catching up on all of your blog entries regarding your jornada through Jerusalem with Christ. My prayers are with you. I also have a favor to ask...please say a special prayer for a vocation: a friend of mine, Julio, is discerning and needs all the prayer he can get. I know God hears your vocation prayers, so you're the one I knew I should run too. Plus, the Holy Spirit also told me to ask you. Let me know how things are going when you get a chance, and maybe we can also share formation stories, now that I have some. I love you a lot my dearest brother in Christ. May His grace be always with you.
    Your Sister in Christ and Mary,
    Alaina
    p.s.if you get a moment, my blog for my journey is udguera07.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete